Tuesday 22 April 2014

O'Neills Irish Bar, Madrid

Fantastically friendly staff, a lovely, welcoming atmosphere and a feeling of being home. These are just a few of the many positive things that can be said about one of my regular haunts from my time studying in Madrid. Myself and Andrew were lucky enough to stumble upon the bar, located not far from the Sol metro station, in the first couple of weeks in Madrid. We had the pleasure of befriending one of the barmen, Mark, who convinced us to come to one of the "intercambio" nights that he organises. Thanks to him, we made a number of firm friends from attending these nights, as well as improving our level of Spanish immensely.

Aside from the fantastic atmosphere and great location, O'Neills has a delicious food menu. I could not praise it highly enough. If I had not been living on a tight budget I probably would have eaten there every night! They show a variety of sports and have most Soccer games, including Champions League, live on TV. If you're lucky enough to be in Madrid in the future, make sure to visit O'Neills and tell them I sent you.


No comments:

Post a Comment